As you may know I have the worlds most romantic boyfriend…sorry to anyone out there who thought they had that title sewn up, it’s Graeme’s. As you might know if you have been following this little blog of mine (which I promise to post on more) Graeme is on a mission. His mission is to make me love Ottawa, mostly to love living in Ottawa. To this end he planned a series of 52 dates one for every weekend of my first year in Ottawa (more on that here). We have been so busy, and I keep forgetting to bring my camera (bad photographer!) that we have only made it to #9 in 8 months, at this rate we should be through these dates in 4 years or so…. oops.
Anyway these are the dates we have done (some are on the blog, some as I mentioned I forgot my camera for);
1. Farbs Wine Bar – this was our first date in Ottawa which is why it was number one when I moved here.
2. Surprise Menu at the Fraser Cafe
3. Lighting of the Christmas lights on the Hill
4. Beaver tails on the canal
5. Wine tasting at Vineyards
6. Louis Pizza and (almost) Bowling
7. A bike ride to Old Gatineau and dinner at a DELICIOUS pub.
8. A bike ride along the Ottawa River trail (complete with vino and snacks)
9. A picinic in Rockcliffe Park…. so here it is, our picnic in the park, for date #9…