As some of you might know I came back to BC for quite a few weeks over Christmas this year. Both to shoot the December wedding-fest Intuition had booked (Karla & Erick, Sondra & Alex, Valerie & Jesse), and to visit family. Graeme (the boyfriend) came with me to see his family who also live in BC. Christmas was great, and the whole holiday has been fabulous! In between glitzy weddings I have crammed in my share of vino, laughs and girls nights, ok more than my share, but thats what new years resolutions are for. Anyway more on that later, back to Christmas, one of the highlights of the trip was my christmas gift from Graeme. I got …. *drumroll*…. a day of my old Vancouver life for christmas. Yup he’s that creative.
So this entailed;
- a visit to my favourite coffee shop (JJ Bean) – I got addicted to their muffins while living in Yaletown if anyone living in Ottawa knows of a JJ Bean muffin equivalent, please enlighten me….
- a walk around the sea wall, with said coffee – this is a re-do of our first date
- a trip to one of my favourite restaurants in Vancouver, the Water Street Cafe in Gastown
- a night at the Sylvia Hotel – a 100 year old vancouver landmark, I had never been to but was always talking about
- room service breakfast in bed – always wanted to do this and in 28 years I had never managed, for those of you who are still in that boat, I recommend it!
One of the downsides of dating a photographer is that you can never escape the camera… even at Christmas…
Getting ready to go out to the Water Street Cafe for dinner (though I didn’t yet know where I was going). FYI this is a hold-the-camera-self-portrait with a Cannon 5D MarkII as my photographer friends know that is not light, hence all the pipes in the photo 😉